WAVE UNVEIL NEW LOGO, WAVE OF HOPE NAMES NEW BOARD OF DIRECTORS
MILWAUKEE – Milwaukee Wave Owner Sue Black unveiled the NEW Milwaukee Wave to media, sponsors and fans on Thursday afternoon outside U.S. Cellular Arena. As the Wave approach their 30-year anniversary, Black revealed a new look, attitude and mantra. Including new logos, a new club website, striking uniforms and new Milwaukee Wave of Hope Board of Directors.
The Milwaukee Wave will open up the 2013-14 Major Indoor Soccer League season against the Baltimore Blast on Saturday, December 7th at 6 p.m. CT. The Home Opener features, “A Salute to our Armed Forces” along with a post-game concert. The complete MISL 2013-14 season schedule will be announced in the coming weeks.
As for the charitable arm of the team, the Milwaukee Wave of Hope continues to donate funds and time to youth-centered organizations that share our vision for the environment focusing on a good water supply, eating healthy, exercising regularly, and educating all students. Each organization is accountable for developing those skills and showing performance criteria that support their goals. In the past three years we have donated well over one-half million dollars to support the youth of the Milwaukee/Wisconsin.
NEW Milwaukee Wave of Hope Board of Directors are…
- Tommy Thompson, The Honorable Governor of the State of Wisconsin.
- Jim Villa, President of Commercial Association of Realtors Wisconsin-President.
- Emily Phillips, Financial Advisor with Robert Baird & Co.-Secretary.
- John Bosbous, former Treasurer of Bucyrus International, Inc-Treasurer.
- Jeff Snell- Special Advisor to the President of Marquette University.
- Rich Barrett-Principal and Founder of Barrett Visionary.
- Sandra Dempsey-ESPN Deportes Ambassador Milwaukee.
- Rich Tennessen, President of Eppstein Uhen Architects.
- Jason Thompson- Attorney with Michael and Friedrich, LLP.
- Lynda Kohler- President and CEO of Sharp Literacy.
The Milwaukee Wave of Hope will also host TWO School Days Games, set aside just for students, December 4th, 2013 and February 13th, 2014. Games begin at 10 a.m. and end at 12:30 p.m. so the students are able to observe a professional athletic game of soccer. The ticket costs are subsidized and prorated for students.
Tickets to the December 7th Home Opener at U.S. Cellular Arena against the Baltimore Blast are ON SALE NOW along with 2013-2014 Season Tickets. Call the Milwaukee Wave Front Office at (414) 224-WAVE (9283) or visit our website.