Job – Part-time Team Store Sales Associate
Position Summary: The primary responsibilities of the Cashier/Sales Associate position are to maintain outstanding customer service, uphold our Mission and Core Values, generate sales, merchandise product, and support the store management team. Cashier/Sales Associates are essential in delivering the best customer shopping experience possible.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Assess customer’s needs and provide assistance and information on product features, “Go the extra mile” to drive sales
- Maintain in-stock and presentable condition assigned to areas
- Actively seek out customers in store
- Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
- Cross sell products
- Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
- Build productive trust relationships with customers
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Assist in the training and development of peers
- Uphold merchandising and store cleanliness standards
- Participate in processing new shipments. Help the team keep the receiving and back stock area clean and organized
- Notice and respond to safety issues
- Be conscious of shoplifting activity. Know how to respond to shoplifters
- Answer customers’ questions and provide information on procedures and policies
- Tactfully and pleasantly deal with customers
- Accurately and efficiently ring on registers and maintain all cash at registers
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by store management
- Sales and/or marketing experience in retail environment, establishing relationships and working with customers
- Knowledge of retail computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational ability, high attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift, move and handle up to 60 pounds frequently to stock merchandise as well as load/unload customer orders
- Ability to stand/walk for an extended period of time
- Ability to bend, reach, lift and climb
- Normal range of hearing: perceiving sounds, including spoken words, in order to understand signals such as spoken directions, warning alarms, assess conditions and/or become aware of conditions in the work environment
- Point of Sales System (POS System)
- Various office equipment: fax machines, copiers, computers and other equipment as directed by WCD Management
- High school degree, diploma or GED
- Must be bondable
- Ability to use Microsoft office programs and other software
Knowledge and Skills Required for Position:
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions
- Ability to read, write and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with Wisconsin Center District guests and employees
- Ability to deal with challenging and/or patrons in tense situations
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, good judgment and accept responsibility for own actions
Positioned Based in: Milwaukee, WI
Travel Required: N/A
Reports to: Store Manager, Assistant Manager
** The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, criminal background check and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. Wisconsin Center District Facilities are Proudly a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Neighborhood.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.