Senior Human Resources Business Partner
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner is accountable for the planning, organization and implementation of all Human Resources functions for the Wisconsin Center District. The Wisconsin Center District is the owner and operator of the Wisconsin Center, UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena and Miller High Life Theatre.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner serves as a critical business partner and will be embedded in the business to advance the business and people strategy. The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will also undertake special projects and assignments that further the business or the Human Resources function. Project responsibilities include but are not limited to setting objectives and timelines, design thinking, data analysis and execution. The Senior Human Resources Business Partner should have a passion for continuous self-improvement and proactively enhance job knowledge through educational opportunities, professional publications, networking and professional organizations.
The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for collaborating with the Vice President of Human Resources and other key business leaders on the following five key areas:
- Manages the recruiting process (i.e., working with hiring manager on job descriptions and requirements, postings, scheduling and conducting interviews, and background checks).
- Employee relations and responds to questions regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Assists with preparation of performance reviews, employee terminations, unemployment claims and benefit payouts.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance with the Company’s legal obligations as to the FMLA, ADA, EEO, Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment and other employment laws.
- Work closely with the employee engagement committee to initiate employee recognition activities and maintain an atmosphere of positive morale so as to increase employee satisfaction and retention. Take the necessary actions to create an atmosphere conducive to the best possible employee-employer relationship.
Skills & Qualifications:
- This position requires a professional with energy, passion and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong project management and organizational skills in which attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/events on time and within budget.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to navigate organizations to build relationships and garner support; ability to work collaboratively with cross functional work teams and to establish rapport with others; strong teamwork and synergy skills required.
- Exceptional business writing skills.
- Proven success with implementation of new human resource policies, processes and systems.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Preferred affiliation with Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Experience handling and responding appropriately to employee issues and concerns.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in human resources or related field
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Previous minimum five years’ experience in relevant Human Resource generalist experience, including human resources compliance
- PHR or SPHR certification
Positioned Based in: Milwaukee, WI Travel Required: N/A
Position Type: Full-Time Exempt Reports to: VP of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
**We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, criminal background check and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. The Wisconsin Center District is Proudly a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
This is a Full-Time position. We offer excellent pay and a full range of benefits, including health, dental, vacation, sick, and pension plan. We also offer 100% company paid life.
Deadline to apply for this position is Friday, 9/13/2019 at 4pm CDT