Job – Senior Accountant
Be Bold. Be Proud. Be Experience Obsessed.
Welcome to the Wisconsin Center District, owners and operators of the Wisconsin Center, UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, and Miller High Life Theatre. The WCD is redefining the way venues provide superb, captivating and buzzworthy experiences. Thanks to the best employees in the business, we’re proud to play a role in transforming our beloved Milwaukee into a not-to-be-missed destination. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers, relentless passion, and uncompromising personalities to craft one-of-a-kind moments.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant is responsible for providing accurate monthly and annual financial reporting. The Senior Accountant will assist with annual budgeting, forecasting, and audit preparation. The Senior Accountant works to ensure the Wisconsin Center District’s finance team upholds consistently excellent standards of accounting.
- Manages the month end close process to include, but not limited to preparing bank and balance sheet reconciliations, profit and loss account statements, journal entries, team settlements, and account analysis for general ledger accounts; prepares monthly statements and visual reports that summarize data, information, and trends to support decision making
- Analyzes financial data and information to identify trends, recognize problems, and recommend improvements; oversees internal controls for accounting systems and procedures
- Performs flux analysis of actual versus budgeted and versus prior year; prepares variance analysis for management review
- Participates in the annual budget process and collaborates with department heads to meet deadlines and make recommendations
- Prepares and files sales tax returns; assists the Director of Finance with quarterly/year-end preparation and audits; assists with W2/1095 processing
What does it take to succeed in this role? We’re looking for a talented individual who is exceptionally detail-oriented with superior analytical skills. You should also have:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-7 years of experience in accounting or finance
- CPA certification is preferred
- Previous experience with Great Plain and ADP Workforce Now is highly desired
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, and $50K in Company-Paid Life are just the start! We also offer a generous health reimbursement & EAP.
Pension Benefits – The WCD participates in the Employes’ Retirement System (ERS) of the City of Milwaukee.
Paid Vacation & Sick Leave – Kick back with our generous vacation and sick time offerings. Flexibility to refresh, relax, rest, and recharge.
READY TO APPLY?
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
ONE MORE FYI
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, a criminal background check, and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To request an accommodation, please contact the WCD Human Resources department.
The Wisconsin Center District is Proudly a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus.