Job – Part-time Box Office Supervisor
Box Office Supervisor is responsible for providing general oversight of the Box Office in the absence of the Box Office Manager and Assistant Manager. They deliver efficient service and customer support by selling individual tickets, processing group sale orders, answering phones, filing tickets, and other general administrative duties.
- Create an exceptional experience for guests through a safe, clean, and friendly environment
- Maintain a calm and professional demeanor in a variety of different situations
- Trains and guides Box Office Representatives in customer service, cash handling, product knowledge, and other applicable processes and procedures
- Perform daily opening and closing procedures
- Operation of Ticketmaster computers
- Handle customer complaints
- Responsible for cash handling, safe verifications, and preparing deposits
- Answer questions regarding events, tickets, & schedules
- Print and organize Will Call, reprint lost tickets, and troubleshoot ticketing issues day of show
- Pull/ create ticketing reports as requested
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management, to ensure the effective utilization of the company’s resources and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work hours may include evenings, weekends and holidays
Skills & Qualifications:
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures, and directions
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with Wisconsin Center District guests, employees, and outside contractors
- Ability to train and supervise workforce
- Ability to deal with challenging and/or upset patrons in tense situations
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and other software
- Organized, accurate, and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Education & Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in a venue, hospitality, or high-volume customer service industry
- Experience with Ticketmaster Host, WPS, Archtics and Fanuser programs desired
- Experience in working with concerts, sporting events and teams is a plus
- Bilingual a plus
Positioned Based in: Milwaukee, WI
Travel Required: N/A
Reports to: Box Office Manager and Assistant Manager
Department: Box Office
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
** The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, criminal background check and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. Wisconsin Center District Facilities are Proudly a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Neighborhood.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.