Vice President of Sponsorships
Start Date for this position is January 2, 2020
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Vice President of Sponsorships is responsible for driving new business revenue and developing sponsorship programs. The VP of Sponsorships will create and sell, branded, high-impact sponsorship opportunities. Success will be measured by financial performance specifically revenues and profits produced for the WCD and account growth. As a key member of the senior leadership team, the individual in this position will champion the value of the Wisconsin Center District brand and platforms to create revenue generating opportunities.
- Develops a pipeline of qualified sponsorship and media prospects and new revenue opportunities large enough to meet or exceed financial goals
- Engages data, research, creativity, and sales acumen in order to develop unique and valuable sponsorship programs to top brands and partners
- Creates and develops unique, customized sponsorship presentations to potential and current high priority clients to create new sponsorship deals or continue partnerships
- Secures and conducts face-to-face meetings and presentations with key decision makers by leveraging professional relationships and by identifying and cultivating new prospects; pitches, negotiates, and closes sponsorships and work with legal counsel though contract execution
- Monitors trends in the marketplace to ensure that the WCD’s services remain competitive
- Works cross-collaboratively with Marketing, Operations, etc… to ensure the ongoing stewardship of corporate partners and ensure proper delivery on all contracted benefits
- Represents the WCD at key industry functions; networks within the industry to identify stakeholders and promote the WCD bran
- Develops, tracks, and controls the annual sponsorship operating budget for purchasing, staffing, and operations; develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for sponsorship-based spending and initiatives.
- Fosters a work environment that encourages a culture of innovative, respectful, goal-oriented, and ambitious high performance
- Other responsibilities, as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- A revenue-generating track record in prospecting, lead generation, and experience establishing and managing prospect databases
- Exceptional communication skills; capable of clearly conveying the WCD vision and mission with the ability to influence, persuade, and engage potential clients/partnerships
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to look at the broader perspective as it relates to business strategy and use the data to create thoughtful recommendations
- Strong project management and organizational skills in which attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects on time is essential
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness and good judgement.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to navigate organizations to build relationships and garner support; ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field or equivalent number of years of experience
- Minimum of ten (10) or more years’ experience in sales, marketing, or sponsorships
- Minimum of five (5) years in a management capacity
- Certified Venue Executive or Certified Venue Professional, as identified by IAVM
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience with a hotel, sports team, and/or convention center
Positioned Based in: Milwaukee, WI
Position Type: Full-Time Exempt
Travel Required: Moderate
Reports to: President & CEO
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
**We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, a criminal background checks and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Wisconsin Center District Proudly Operates a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.
This is a Full-Time position. We offer excellent pay and a full range of benefits, including health, dental, vacation, sick, and pension plan. We also offer 100% company paid life.
Deadline to apply: Friday, January 24 @ 4:00 p.m. CST