Full-Time Staff Accountant
Position Overview: The staff accountant position is responsible for ensuring the department creates accurate and timely financial records for the organization. Must be detail oriented and an independent thinker and provide accurate information to the finance/accounting department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare and perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations for various accounts
- Prepare monthly account analysis for assigned general ledger accounts
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Assist with year-end audit; ensure processes and financial record keeping is in compliance with accounting standards; provide information and answer questions regarding financial processes and decisions
- Participate in annual budget Collaborate with departments to meet deadlines and make recommendations. Prepare variance analysis for management review
- Complete wires and other payments in a timely manner
- Prepare and file sales tax returns
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls. Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Ability to assist with payroll processing
- Collaborate with director to analyze and communicate variances against budgets and forecasts. Prepare monthly statements and visual reports by summarizing data, information, and trends to support decision-making
- Use discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Analyze monthly financial statements and other data to identify trends, recognize problems, and recommend improvements
- Consult with applicable staff to resolve billing, ticket sales, and cash receipt posting issues
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management, to ensure the effective utilization of the company’s resources and to ensure customer satisfaction
Skills & Qualifications:
- This position requires a professional with energy, passion and entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/events on time and within budget
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to navigate organizations to build relationships and garner support; ability to work collaboratively with cross functional work teams and to establish rapport with others; strong teamwork and synergy skills required
- Committed to process improvement and professional growth
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software
- Critical thinker, who uses both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Self-starter, who takes initiative, is comfortable with tight deadlines, operates with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively handles concurrent demands, and prioritizes responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions
- Service oriented attitude
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in accounting
- Experience with Microsoft products including Excel, Outlook and Word
- Intermediate to advanced level of Excel skills, the ability to use spreadsheets, graphics, and statistical packages to manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
- Experience in applying accounting/finance knowledge within an integrated reporting system. Strong mathematical comprehension
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience in accounting
- CPA is preferred or CPA eligible
- Previous experience in the sports & entertainment business
Positioned Based in: Milwaukee, WI Travel Required: N/A
Position Type: Full-Time Exempt Reports to: Director of Finance
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
**We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, criminal background check and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States.
The Wisconsin Center District is Proudly a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Neighborhood.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
Deadline to apply for this position is Monday, 08/12/2019 at 4:00 p.m. CDT