Information Technology (IT) Support Technician
Position Overview: The position of Information Technology (IT) Support Technician is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in the end-to-end delivery of IT services, and first-line technical support, to both the internal and external customers of the Wisconsin Center District.
- Installation and support of IT services for events in all three WCD facilities, in-line with those of a first-class entertainment venue
- Perform weekly and monthly preventative maintenance duties to ensure IT-related systems are performing at their peak level, and escalate issues to management in a timely manner
- Serve as the first point-of-contact for WCD’s internal and external customers, and partners when they experience IT technical problems
- Coordinates and manages the basic entry level IT needs for all internal staff and partners. Includes troubleshooting basic problems, installing/uninstalling software, and assisting with proper hardware and software setup
- Responsible for managing copy/print services and configuring laptops, desktops, and mobile devices for internal staff and partners
- Installation and termination of voice and data cabling as required
- Supervise contractors performing IT related work within WCD’s facilities
- Provides front-line support for high-speed Internet customers, staff, and guests at WCD facilities, traditional ISP-based customers (hosting, ISDN, DSL, dedicated circuits), and telecommunication repair services
- Facilitate communication across IT, internal staff, partners, and customers/clients
- Assist IT department with IT related tasks as needed for events
- Recognize and escalate complex or high-priority IT support issues to the Network Administrator, IT Operations Manager, and/or Director of IT, and assist in their resolution as needed
- Assist in the maintenance and support of a two-way radio system, VoIP phone system, distributed antenna system, and Wi-Fi network
- Must be able to work varied hours, weekends, and/or nights as events or other duties dictate
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management, to ensure the effective utilization of WCD’s IT resources and ensure first-class customer satisfaction
Skills and Qualifications:
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of telecommunication and network wiring technologies, standards, and codes
- Basic understanding of computer and telecommunication networks
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe products, mobile devices and tablets, and Apple products
- Experience supporting Windows desktops and laptops in a wired and wireless environment
- Familiarity or experience with computer imaging process and/or deployment of Windows
- Experience using software and hardware tools to diagnose problems
- Demonstrated analytical skills to diagnose problems
- Experience supporting and administering a VoIP phone system
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, flow charts, blueprints, schematics and specifications
- Must be organized and have ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast changing environment
- Be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to troubleshoot problems to determine the optimal solution
- Ability to work with internal and external customers, assess their needs, and coordinate execution of solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize tasks, communicate, and accomplish objectives in the agreed to time frame.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Basic understanding of audio/video technologies a plus
Education and Experience:
- Two-year Associates degree from an accredited institution in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent number of years of experience
- Currently enrolled students encouraged to apply
- Minimum of one year of equivalent relevant experience
Positioned Based in: Milwaukee, WI
Travel Required: N/A
Reports to: Information Technology Operations Manager
Department: Information Technology
** The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
**We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, criminal background check and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. Wisconsin Center District Facilities are Proudly a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Neighborhood.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.