Event Services Manager
Position Overview: An Event Services Manager is responsible for event planning and coordination of sporting events, concerts, conventions, meetings, public shows, trade shows, and other events in the Wisconsin Center District complex. The Event Services Manager directs, implements and maintains a management philosophy that serves as a guide to the Events team.
- Responsible for the planning and management of numerous events per year
- Train and supervise event related staff and operations staff when required
- Direct set up, cleaning, trades, and service staff at events
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations related to events
- Meet with clients to plan and organize assigned events. Ability to work with a client from the moment their event is booked, through the set-up, event, and post-event milestones
- Ability to understand clients needs and provide outstanding service while maintaining WCD policies and procedures
- Guide clients through timelines, deadlines, and WCD policies and procedures
- Prepare floor plans and cost estimates for clients
- Provide clear communication with various WCD departments regarding operational requirements for each event
- Review final billing for completeness and accuracy
- Responsible for Wisconsin Center District post event invoicing including concert settlements
- Resolve complaints and requests to client satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with service agreements
- Attend appropriate planning, organizational and other event and facility meetings in support of facility operations
- Must be able to advance future events while tending to the needs of clients that are in house
- Serves as the interface between the facility and its clients, ensuring all elements of clients’ events are thoroughly vetted among the departments while insuring adherence to all appropriate regulations and policies
- Ensure that the equipment, physical set-up and personnel provided meet the requirements of the event and the tenant’s contractual agreement
- Ensure compliance with City, State, and other safety codes
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by management, to ensure the effective utilization of the company’s resources and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work hours may include working evenings, weekend hours and holidays
Skills & Qualifications:
- This position requires a seasoned professional with energy, passion entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong project management and organizational skills in which attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects on time and within budget
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to navigate organizations to build relationships and garner support; ability to work collaboratively with cross functional work teams and to establish rapport with others; strong teamwork and synergy skills required
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness and good judgement
- Understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Familiarity with American with Disabilities Act
- Organized, accurate, and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Use of logic and reasoning in daily decision making and problem solving
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a major in business or related field or equivalent number of years of experience
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Excel, PP, Word), and MS Outlook. Experience with CAD is preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a venue, hospitality, or high-volume customer service industry
- Experience in working with concerts, sporting events and teams is a plus
Positioned Based in: Milwaukee, WI
Travel Required: N/A
Position Type: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
**The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
**We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, a criminal background checks and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Wisconsin Center District is Proudly a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.
This is a Full-Time position. We offer excellent pay and a full range of benefits, including health, dental, vacation, sick, and pension plan. We also offer 100% company paid life.
Deadline to apply for this position is Friday, 10/25/2019 at 4 pm CDT