Full-time Director of Finance
Be Bold. Be Proud. Be Experience Obsessed.
Welcome to the Wisconsin Center District, owners and operators of the Wisconsin Center, UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, and Miller High Life Theatre. The WCD is redefining the way venues provide superb, captivating and buzzworthy experiences. Thanks to the best employees in the business, we’re proud to play a role in transforming our beloved Milwaukee into a not-to-be-missed destination. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers, relentless passion, and uncompromising personalities to craft one-of-a-kind moments.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance and CFO, the Director of Finance assists in the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law and Wisconsin Center District policies and procedures.
The Director of Finance manages the day-to-day operation of the finance department and assists the Senior VP of Finance & CFO in providing financial leadership to the business. Primary responsibilities include management and performance of WCD event specific finance activities including finalizing night-of settlements with promoters or artists, financial analysis and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, audit and control, asset and liability reconciliation, working capital and cash control, and management and supervision of finance staff. Assists with capital expenditure plans (Return On Investment Analysis), and WCD reporting.
The Director of Finance will provide timely, accurate and actionable business intelligence to allow the WCD to make decisions that will improve financial results, and supports management in the achievement of strategic goals through complex statistical analysis of financial results and forecasting future results using data-driven models.
What does it take to succeed in this role? We’re looking for a talented individual who is a self-starter with superior analytical skills. You should also have:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or finance
- 5+ years of experience in a management capacity
- CPA certification is preferred
- Previous experience with Great Plains and ADP Workforce Now is highly desired
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, and $50K in Company-Paid Life are just the start! We also offer a generous health reimbursement & EAP.
- Pension Benefits – The WCD participates in the Employes’ Retirement System (ERS) of the City of Milwaukee.
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave – Kick back with our generous vacation and sick time offerings. Flexibility to refresh, relax, rest, and recharge.
READY TO APPLY?
Complete an application or or drop a line to our friendly, award-winning HR team on LinkedIn! Position will remain open until filled.
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
ONE MORE FYI
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, a criminal background check, and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To request an accommodation, please contact the WCD Human Resources department.
The Wisconsin Center District is Proudly a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus.