Full-Time Human Resources Coordinator
Be Bold. Be Proud. Be Experience Obsessed.
Welcome to the Wisconsin Center District, owners and operators of the Wisconsin Center, UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena, and Miller High Life Theatre. The WCD is redefining the way venues provide superb, captivating and buzzworthy experiences. Thanks to the best employees in the business, we’re proud to play a role in transforming our beloved Milwaukee into a not-to-be-missed destination. We’re looking for unconventional thinkers, relentless passion, and uncompromising personalities to craft one-of-a-kind moments.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Human Resources Coordinator assists with the administration of the day-to-day functions of the HR department. The HR Coordinator is responsible for maintaining paperwork, digital files, and departmental/organizational records, entry of employee information into the HRIS, processing new hire paperwork, and communicating HR policies and procedures to employees.
- Assists with the talent acquisition process for the organization to include, but not limited to posting jobs, tracking incoming applications, conducting phone interviews, running pre-employment screens, and conducting onboarding sessions for new hires
- Coordinates employee events and is a member of the Employee Engagement Committee
- Performs benefits administration (new hire enrollment and annual open enrollment) in coordination with the City of Milwaukee; processes employee changes, prepares payment spreadsheets, and communicates benefits information to employees
- Assists with the administration of Leave of Absence programs (FMLA, ADA, and personal leave) and the workman’s comp program
- Administrative user within the HRIS system; enters new hire information and processes employee terminations and changes to include, but not limited to department transfers, address changes, pay rate changes, title changes, and direct deposit updates
- Compiles reports from the HRIS system for departmental needs and Senior Leader requests
- Processes all incoming employee verification requests and unemployment notices
- Maintains an accurate file maintenance system; correctly files employee paperwork and purges documentation in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations
What does it take to succeed in this role? We’re looking for a talented individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. You should also have:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent business writing skills and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s in Human Resources or Business preferred
- 1 year of experience in an office environment required; 1+ years of experience in human resources preferred
- Previous experience with ADP Workforce Now is a plus
- Previous experience with a hotel, sports team, and/or convention center is preferred
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
Health Benefits – Medical, Dental, and $50K in Company-Paid Life are just the start! We also offer a generous health reimbursement & EAP.
Pension Benefits – The WCD participates in the Employes’ Retirement System (ERS) of the City of Milwaukee. Hello worry-free retirement!
Paid Vacation & Sick Leave – Kick back with our generous vacation and sick time offerings. Flexibility to refresh, relax, rest, and recharge.
READY TO APPLY?
Open and complete* the Wisconsin Center District Job Application, complete it, and send it to:
Human Resources Department
Wisconsin Center District
400 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53203
*Download and save the job application PDF, and then open it to complete it in Acrobat. This will allow you to submit it easily, and also save a copy for your records.
If you need to, you can download Adobe Acrobat here
Note: A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a fully completed application.
Deadline to apply is January 31, 2020.
ONE MORE FYI
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
- We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, martial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Pre-employment testing includes drug screening, a criminal background check, and a physical exam. Applicants must be United States citizens or legal residents of the United States. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Wisconsin Center District Proudly operates a Smoke and Tobacco-Free Campus.